This new addition to the New Interpreters Bible brand is a ten-volume set of the commentary-only from the New Interpreters Bible Commentary.
The New Interpreter's Bible Commentary offers critically sound biblical interpretations. Guided by scholars, pastors and laity representing diverse traditions and academic experience, this collection of commentary meets the needs of preachers, teachers, and all students of the Bible.
- A detailed, critical commentary providing an exegetical "close-reading" of the biblical text
- Reflections that present a detailed exposition of issues raised in the biblical text
- Introductions to each book that cover essential historical, sociocultural, literary, and theological issues
- An ecumenical roster of contributors
- Comprehensive, concise articles
- Numerous visual aids (illustrations, maps, charts, timelines) enhance use